A solar tracker is something which directs solar panels towards the direction of the sun. This is a special device which helps in changing the orientation of the panel and helps them to face the sun as it changes direction throughout the day; it helps them to follow the sun’s path. There are single axis solar trackers and then there are dual axis solar trackers which has different uses and different advantages. But they all have to be directed towards the sun to preserve energy.
The Basic Advantages One Gets By Using Solar Tracking
- These trackers generate more electricity than the other stationery counterparts as it has a direct and increased exposure to the solar rays or the rays of the sun. As a result to this, these solar tracking systems have a ten to fifteen percent increase in the energy saving capacity depending on what exactly is the geographical location of the tracking system.
- In case of Solar Tracking systems, the utility of power which is generated is high during the day time than that of night. That is why; it is more efficient in gathering more energy during the peak times of the day. Using a tracking system actually means, you are maximizing the energy gain at the peak time of the day.
- Solar trackers always generate more electricity and energy but at the same time it takes the same amount of space needed for fixing a tilt system or any other energy trackers. It gives you the way to optimum land usage.
- There are different kinds of solar trackers. The most common among them are single-axis and dual-axis trackers, all of which can be the perfect fit for a unique jobsite. Installation size, local weather, degree of latitude and electrical requirements are all important considerations that can influence the type of solar tracker best suited for a specific solar installation.
- They are easy to maintain. Due to advancement of technologies and due to the durability power of electronics these solar trackers have higher longevity and it has a low maintenance cost as well.
But, there are also some disadvantages too in the crowd of too many advantages. It is always better to know the not so strong points of solar tracking systems before one starts using them.
- The primary thing among them is that, the Solar Tracking Systems are a bit expensive than the stationery counterparts. But this thing is also negotiable. If one wants a good and reliable source of energy, then one has to spend more.
- These are a bit complicated to handle. So one needs to learn how to handle them properly.
- Though the maintenance cost is not very high, the maintenance function has to be authenticated on a regular interval, so that it can run smoothly.
Solar Tracking is a very new thing in this arena. So it is always a good idea to know all the plus points and the negative aspects as well before they start using these trackers as providing goods.