Solar PV panels are commonly and elaborately known as Solar Photo Voltaic Panels which are mainly used to gather and save solar energies. These PV panels are used in preserving solar energies in such a way that if it can preserve energies for at least an hour then it can provide solar electricity for a whole year.
In photovoltaic systems, trackers help minimize the angle of incidence (the angle that a ray of light makes with a line perpendicular to the surface) between the incoming light and the panel, which increases the amount of energy the installation produces. Concentrated solar photovoltaic’s and concentrated solar thermal have optics that directly accepts sunlight, so solar trackers must be angled correctly to collect energy. All concentrated Solar Tracking systems have trackers because the systems do not produce energy unless directed correctly toward the sun.
There are too many advantages of using Solar PV Panels. The basic advantages are as follows.
- Solar energy is energy supplied by nature – it is thus free and abundant!
- Solar energy is especially appropriate for smart energy networks with distributed power generation – DPG is indeed the next generation power network structure!
- Solar energy can be made available almost anywhere there is sunlight.
- Operating and maintenance costs for PV panels are considered to be low, almost negligible, compared to costs of other renewable energy systems.
- PV panels provide clean – green energy. During electricity generation with PV panels there is no harmful greenhouse gas emissions thus solar PV is environmentally friendly.
- Photovoltaic panels, through photoelectric phenomenon, produce electricity in a direct electricity generation way.
- PV panels are totally silent, producing no noise at all; consequently, they are a perfect solution for urban areas and for residential applications because solar energy coincides with energy needs for cooling PV panels can provide an effective solution to energy demand peaks – especially in hot summer months where energy demand is high.
- Solar Panels cost is currently on a fast reducing track and is expected to continue reducing for the next years – consequently solar PV panels has indeed a highly promising future both for economical viability and environmental sustainability.
- Residential solar panels are easy to install on rooftops or on the ground without any interference to residential lifestyle.
- Though solar energy panels’ prices have seen a drastic reduction in the past years, and are still falling, nonetheless, solar photovoltaic panels are one of major renewable energy systems that are promoted through government subsidy funding (FITs, tax credits etc.); thus financial incentive for PV panels make solar energy panels an attractive investment alternative.
- PV panels have no mechanically moving parts, except in cases of –sun-tracking mechanical bases; consequently they have far less breakages or require less maintenance than other renewable energy systems.
Choosing a Solar Tracker completely depends on the size of the system, the constraint of the land, the electric rates and of course the most important things are the latitude and weather. So, before buying a solar tracker one should be attentive enough to choose the right one.