The solar tracking systems are gaining popularity day by day. It has a lot of potential and that is why it is making a huge impact on lifestyles. These solar tracking systems have a lot of benefits and potentials which are of great usage.
These solar tracking systems have an advanced technology which has importance in mounting photovoltaic panels. Stationary mounts, which hold panels in a fixed position, can have their productivity compromised when the sun passes to a less-than-optimal angle. Compensating for this, solar trackers automatically move to “track” the progress of the sun across the sky, thereby maximizing output.
There are several advantages of using solar tracking systems. It is better to know about them thoroughly before one starts using them.
· These trackers generate more electricity than the other stationery counterparts as it has a direct and increased exposure to the solar rays or the rays of the sun. As a result to this, these solar tracking systems have a ten to fifteen percent increase in the energy saving capacity depending on what exactly is the geographical location of the tracking system.
· There are different kinds of solar trackers. The most common among them are Single Axis Trackers and dual-axis trackers, all of which can be the perfect fit for a unique jobsite. Installation size, local weather, degree of latitude and electrical requirements are all important considerations that can influence the type of solar tracker best suited for a specific solar installation.
· Solar trackers always generate more electricity and energy but at the same time it takes the same amount of space needed for fixing a tilt system or any other energy trackers. It gives you the way to optimum land usage.
· In case of solar tracking systems, the utility of power which is generated is high during the day time than that of night. That is why; it is more efficient in gathering more energy during the peak times of the day. Using a tracking system actually means, you are maximizing the energy gain at the peak time of the day.
· They are easy to maintain. Due to advancement of technologies and due to the durability power of electronics these solar trackers have higher longevity and it has a low maintenance cost as well.
But, here are some disadvantages too in the shadow of too many advantages. It is even better to know the weaker points of Solar Tracking systems before you start using them.
· The first thing among them is that, the solar tracking systems are a bit expensive than the stationery counterparts. But this criterion is negotiable. If one wants a good and reliable source of energy, then one has to spend more.
· Though the maintenance cost is low, the maintenance function has to be authenticated on a regular interval, so that it can run smoothly.
These are a bit complicated to handle. So one needs to learn how to handle them properly.